We offer services in the following areas:
Emotional, Social and Behavioural Difficulties
• Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning: Emotional Literacy and Social Skills Curricula and training
• Trauma reaction and Attachment Disorders
• Critical Incident Response: Staff Training
• Bereavement, Suicide and Self Injury: Staff Training
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Advice on classroom support and management for children with ASD and ADHD.
Children with Learning Difficulties
In order to support children with learning difficulties we use the following approaches:
Discussion with teachers, parents and the child to clarify the issues.
Review of schoolwork and school assessment data.
Cognitive assessments: the Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children, 4th Ed. (WISC IV), or the British Ability Scales, 3rd Ed. (BAS 3).
Attainment assessments: the Weschler Individual Achievement Test, 2nd Ed. (WIAT II), BAS 3 and York Assessment of Reading Comprehension (YARC).
A wide range of other assessment tools may be used as appropriate including Dynamic Assessment approaches.
We also provide advice on addressing Specific Learning Difficulties such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia including specific assessment and advice on visual perception and phonic difficulties.
Physical/ Medical conditions
• Advice on classroom support and management for children with Development Coordination Disorder (Dyspraxia), Epilepsy, Tourette’s, Downs Syndrome and other genetic or medical conditions.