EXCITING TIMES FOR IEPS IN 2019: More training dates available and a move to Bangkok
- Suicide and Self Harm: Prevention and Response training has been further developed.
- A Foundation Course and an Advanced Course are now available.
- The Foundation Course has just been APPROVED by the British Psychological Society.
“Approved by the British Psychological Society for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).”
- The Advanced Course has just been submitted for approval.
- Training will be held in Manila in August 2019, in Vietnam (HCMC) in October 2019 and in Bangkok in November 2019.
- Zippy’s Friends and Apple’s Friends training is available on request to international schools in South East Asia and throughout Wales. Training will be held in Manila in August 2019 and in Cambodia in September 2019.
- Circle Solutions training will be available throughout Wales and internationally on request.
Critical Incident Response training is available on request to senior management teams.
RESEARCH OUT NOW!!!!!
- CLICK HERE FOR: WELLBEING IN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS: PERCEPTIONS OF TEACHERS AND LEADERS
- A summary of initial findings was presented at the British Psychological Society Conference in Oxford in September 2018, at the FOBISIA Leadership conference in Bangkok in November 2018, at the COBIS Conference in London on 7th January 2019 and at the ELSA Teacher Development Day in Paris.
- IEPS has been working with Cardiff University on this project supported by ISC Research.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
- IEPS consists of a group of British trained Educational Psychologists with a wealth of experience in all areas of Additional Learning Needs in children and young people aged from 0-25 years. Angie Wigford (Lead Psychologist) works with Andrea Higgins, Sian Winckle and other associates on different projects.
- IEPS specialises in International Schools and the particular benefits and challenges that they confer on the wellbeing of their communities. IEPS works worldwide developing strategies for addressing issues based on individual school situations.
- IEPS uses a wide range of psychological approaches to facilitate change with an empowerment perspective founded in Positive Psychology.
- We work with schools at a strategic level providing CPD, training and advice on the development of systems and protocols.
- We work with parents, teachers and individual pupils to maximise wellbeing and learning potential.
- We will visit your school and follow up on Skype.
Dr Angie Wigford is the lead Educational Psychologist for IEPS. Angie taught secondary science in national and international schools in Nigeria, Kenya, Colombia and Vienna, Austria before retraining as an EP 10 years ago. Angie is also a Director of Teachers International Consultancy (TIC). IEPS is affiliated to and sponsored by TIC Recruitment.